Saturday, March 19, 2011

Individuality

How's it world? So my school term supposedly ended yesterday but for me it does not end until grades are posted but then that means I am in a new term so in a way this is sort of procrastination. Well I thought I would post a poem from awhile ago dealing with the views that the world places on people and how so many people lose individuality to fit in. For me I am not mister social butterfly >':'< (hee hee it's a butterfly) so I am not popular but I like to think that I have individualism which I accredit my parents for and IB (which if you don't know what that is I would gladly rant about it). I feel that it is opportune to start off with a quote and then my poem. Please enjoy, comment and share my blog. I look forward to deep and meaningful discussions.

“Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals.”~ Oscar Wilde



MIRROR

 As I stare into this reflection

Is this who I truly am, what I truly want to be

I see the shell of skin

That face, That skin, That shape

Is that what I truly am?

Is that what the world truly judges one by?

What of that underneath is that forgotten at times?

As I reflect in that reflection it only shows the outside world

So what we spend hours contemplating at is truly the world's greatest LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment